Stoic Week 2016 asked us to ponder on some very fundamental, big questions.
Go ahead, give them a go. Even better if you write down your answers, and return to them once in a while.
- What is ultimately the most important thing in life to you?
- What do you want your life to ‘stand for’ or ‘be about’?
- What would you most like your life to be remembered for after you’ve died?
- What sort of thing do you most want to spend your time doing?
- What sort of person do you most want to be in your various relationships and roles life?
- How well do your core values match with virtues of Wisdom, Justice, Courage and Moderation?
Look at your answers and ask yourself how far your real actions on a day-to-day basis match these values. How could you make them match better?
You can find the entire Stoic Week 2016 handbook here.