Choose ONE of these questions or thinking tasks. Ponder, and write down your answers and thoughts on it, or just work it over in your head.
* What do I still lack in order to achieve freedom from negative emotions?
* What do I need to achieve tranquility?
* What am I? – A rational being. (Yeah, it comes with an answer…)
* When giving your child or wife a kiss, repeat to yourself, ‘I am kissing a mortal.’
* When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive – to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.
* You could leave life right now. Let that determine what you do and say and think.
* At dawn, when you have trouble getting out of bed, tell yourself, “I have to go to work – as a human being. What do I have to complain of, if I’m going to do what I was born for – the things I was brought into the world to do? Or is this what I was created for? To huddle under the blankets and stay warm?
* Begin each day by telling yourself : Today I will be meeting with interference, ingratitude, insolence, disloyalty, ill-will, and selfishness—all of them due to the offenders’ ignorance of what is good and what is evil.
* Fortune gives us nothing which we can really own.
* Nothing, whether public or private, is stable; the destines of men, no less than those of cities, are in a whirl. Whatever structure has been reared by a long sequence of years, at the cost of great toil and through the great kindness of the gods, is scattered and dispersed in a single day.
* We live in the middle of things which have all been destined to die. Mortal have you been born, to mortals you have given birth.
* Reckon on everything, expect everything.
* What inner resources has the nature given me to cope with the events in your life and the challenges you face?
* What would the Sage do, in your situation, facing your problems?
* Memento Mori.
* What does Wisdom mean to you, and how will you practice it today?
* What does Justice mean to you, and how will you practice it today?
* What does Courage mean to you, and how will you practice it today?
* What does Moderation / Self-discipline mean to you, and how will you practice it today?